ISHA News: Awards Banquet, March 22 at Big Sky
Mark the dates: ISHA and Hall of Fame events, March 21-27, 2023.
Plan now to attend ISHA’s 31st Annual Awards Banquet, scheduled for Big Sky, Montana, March 22, 2023, with ancillary events beginning March 21. It’s a chance to hang out and ski with the ISHA crowd and our award winners. As part of Skiing History Week, the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame will honor 13 inductees, including Bode Miller and Lindsey Vonn, with banquets on March 24 and 25. The week is filled with events on and off the slopes.
In case you missed it, Big Sky acquired its neighbor resort Moonlight Basin in 2013, becoming (at the time) the largest lift-served skiing network in the United States, with 5,850 acres of skiable terrain over 4,350 vertical feet (it’s now surpassed in acreage by Park City). With winter-skiing weather into late March, Big Sky should be on your bucket list. It’s easy to get there—just an hour’s drive from Bozeman, with direct flights from all major West Coast airports, and from Denver, Salt Lake, Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston and New York.
ISHA Fundraiser Kicks off October 1
Longtime ISHA supporters understand that membership dues pay a fraction of the cost of publishing this magazine, maintaining our website skiinghistory.org, producing the annual Awards Program and recruiting new members. In 2021, membership dues covered about 18.2 percent of the operating budget. The remaining 81.8 percent was provided by generous donations from individuals and family foundations, by corporate sponsors, by bulk sales of the magazine to partner organizations and by dividends from the ISHA investment accounts.
In 2022 we are faced with rising costs for printing and mailing the magazine, so we depend more than ever on your generosity to keep the magazine content fresh and the printing press rolling. Please watch for ISHA’s fundraising mailer in October. And please give gift memberships during the holiday season! Go to skiinghistory.org/join
ISHA is a 501(c)(3) public charity, eligible to receive grants from family and community foundations, donor-advised funds and corporate-matching programs, in addition to direct contributions from individuals.
If you’re interested in supporting a specific ISHA program, please contact president Seth Masia at 303-594-1657. If your firm would like to be a corporate sponsor, contact Peter Kirkpatrick at 541-488-1933.
Welcome to Jamie Coleman
In May, ISHA’s friendly and efficient membership-marketing manager, Laurie Glover, retired and moved to join her family in Florida. Laurie remained on the job for months thereafter, helping to train her replacement. Please meet Jamie Coleman, a lifelong skier, Vermonter and educator, who is now on the job answering your queries at the ISHA office in Manchester Center. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 802-375-1105.